- Introduction and Policy Statement
Please read the Policy carefully to understand the Company’s practices regarding your personal information and how it is treated. The Policy is regularly evaluated and updated and any changes are posted on this page. Therefore, the Company asks that all visitors to the website review the Policy frequently.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is the Company (Registered Number: 120462) whose registered office is 16 Clos Orange, St Brelade, Jersey JE3 8GU. Any questions, comments or requests regarding the Policy are welcome and should be sent to the Company.
- Data Collected
It is necessary for the Company to collect certain personal data about users of its website (“Personal Data”) in order to operate the website and fulfill its legitimate business purpose. This may include information collected from ordinary Internet browsers and from current, past or prospective clients of The Busy Queen Bee. The Personal Data that the Company collects, stores and uses typically falls into one of the following three (3) categories:
a. Information you give to the Company: you may give us information by filling in forms on the website, corresponding with us (by phone, e-mail or otherwise), when you register as a client for The Busy Queen Bee Ltd or subscribe to any of our services, by searching or placing an order on the website, when you participate in any competition, events, promotion or survey, or if you report any problem with the website. The Personal Data that you give the Company may include (without limitation) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
b. Information the Company collects about you: during your visits to the website, we may automatically collect technical information including (without limitation) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. The Company may also collect information about each visit, including the products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, the length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number you use to call us.
c. Information the Company receives from other sources: we may receive or collect information about you if you use any of the other websites or services that the Company operates or provides. We may also work with third parties (e.g. business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics and search information providers or credit reference agencies) and receive information about you from them.
- Use of Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data, together with any other information, for administration, marketing, customer service, education and account-related activities.
We will also share member information (including Personal Data) with our partner companies and colleges upon any request to undertake further studies by the relevant member. An additional Data Protection Policy will be issued subsequently.
The main ways in which Personal Data is being used by the Company are for:
- Updating clients records;
- Allowing clients to participate in interactive features of our website and applications, when they choose to do so;
- Compiling information about how clients are using the Company’s website to identify areas of interest to them;
- Compiling information about how individuals are using the website and applications, in order to improve the site, it’s functionality and its ability to meet individual’s needs (including ensuring that content is presented in the most effective way);
- Handling queries, delivering products and services, processing payments, communicating with individuals about their orders, products and services and maintaining clients’ accounts;
- Advising clients of other products and services, which may be of interest to them or of changes to our products, services or the website itself;
- Inviting individuals to participate in market research;
- Providing clients with information about partners benefits such as vouchers;
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of any advertising on the website and applications from time to time (and delivering that advertising);
- Administering the website and applications, for relevant internal operations (e.g. troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical/research purposes) and as part of the Company’s efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
The Company does not routinely share any Personal Data with any third parties. The Company will only disclose Personal Data:
- When the relevant individual’s consent has been obtained;
- To other clients of the Company’s corporate group;
- Where the Company is under a public duty to do so e.g. to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our clients or others;
- If the Company sells any business(es) or assets, or if the Company is itself acquired, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer (as one of the transferring assets).
The Company takes reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the Personal Data being collected and stored by it. However, it may not always be possible to ensure that all Personal Data collected and stored is accurate at all times. Clients can update their Personal Data by contacting The Company directly by emailing email@example.com
or by calling us on (+44 7797828950). Please note that it may take up to 21 days for the relevant changes to take place after emailing or calling us.
All Personal Data provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will also be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Company’s website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do its best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to our website and applications; any such transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask the Company not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting any information from you) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect the relevant information. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on (+44 7797828950)
The Company’s website and applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you, which can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet the Company’s costs in providing you with details of the information that it holds about you.
By using the Company’s website and applications, all individuals provide consent for their Personal Data to be collected, processed and stored by the Company, and (where relevant) its partners, in the manner and for the purposes outlined in this Policy.